Classical PIANO Competition
is a competition exclusively for piano players from all countries.
Three main prizes (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place), as well as special prizes ''Wiener Klassik'' Prize & Jury Special Prize,
and Honorable Mentions Prizes will be awarded.
The winner of the 1st prize in each category will have the opportunity to perform live at the MOZARTHAUS VIENNA - Bösendorfer Saal. The planned concert date is March 24, 2024, at the Mozarthaus, accompanied by a professional photo shoot, as well as audio and video recordings during the concert and award ceremony.
Vienna Cultural Association Culture Meeting Point Vienna (CMP Vienna), in collaboration with Mozarthaus Vienna, is proud to present the "Vienna InternationalClassical PIANO Competition".
The primary purpose of the competition, aside from the prizes, is its educational value. It aims to provide musicians in training and at the outset of their careers with a platform to assess their skills and showcase their talents to the audience. Vienna Cultural Association Culture Meeting Point Vienna (CMP Vienna), an organization established since 1995, proudly hosts the Vienna International Classical PIANO Competition. We extend a warm welcome to participants from around the world for this exceptional event in the heart of Europe - Vienna, a city steeped in rich traditions, offering an exciting present, and promising to be the world capital of music in the future.
Our competitions are designed to be accessible to candidates from all corners of the globe. Hosting live performances ensures that participants reach a wide audience, with videos of all finalists documented on our website and award winners announced on our social media platforms. The competition's juries comprise esteemed faculty from the International Music Academy and distinguished guest judges.
Rules and Regulations
* The competition is open to musicians of all ages and nationalities.
* The repertoire can be freely chosen. (Video link please)
* The repertoire should consist of pieces that do not exceed the maximum time limit of the group. There is no minimum term. (If short recordings, then it's possible in 1 video link.)
* The age of the applicant on January 18, 2024, will be taken into account when dividing into age groups.
* All the names of the winners will be published on our website on the dates mentioned in the announcement and on social media channels
* The official results will be on January 28, 2024, on our website and our social media Addressee.
* In each category, the jury awards 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes, special jury prizes and special mentions according to the participant's score.
* When making the payment, it is imperative to indicate the full NAME of the participant and the desired PIANO competition.
* The recording shall be taken by one camera, showing the face and hands of the musician.
* The video link should be provided directly at the time of registration, be can also be via email up until the registration deadline for the specific competition.
* By registering, participants allow the organizer to freely dispose of the photo, audio and video recordings submitted to the competition for documentation and public relations on its website and social media.
* The judgment of the jury is final.
* All award-winning participants will receive a certificate of achievement via email. On request, we can also send you printed certificates by post.
* All winners will be presented on the official website of the online competition, as well as on the social media of the competition organization. (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube).
* Participants who have not received an award will receive a certificate of participation by email upon request. It can be sent electronically for 22 euros.
* Teachers and accompanying persons can also receive certificates on request. It can be sent electronically for 22 euros.
* By participating in the competition, the participants agree to the possible publication and popularization of the submitted recordings and photos for advertising purposes. The organizers of the competition reserve the right to edit and crop photos of participants for publication (advertising) on the Internet.
* Once the application fee is paid it cannot be refunded under any circumstances and candidates agree to the terms and conditions of the competition.
Prize (for each category)
1st prize live concert at Mozarthaus Vienna + certificate + professional photo shoot, audio and video recording at the concert and award ceremony.
2nd prize Invitation to the award ceremony at Mozarthaus Vienna + certificate + professional photo shoot at the award ceremony.
3rd prize Invitation to the award ceremony at Mozarthaus Vienna + certificate + professional photo shoot at the award ceremony.
* Wiener Klassik Prize Invitation to the award ceremony at Mozarthaus Vienna + certificate + professional photo shoot at the award ceremony.
* Juri Spezial Prize Invitation to the award ceremony at Mozarthaus Vienna + certificate + professional photo shoot at the award ceremony.
* Honourable Mentions Invitation to the award ceremony at Mozarthaus Vienna + certificate + professional photo shoot at the award ceremony.
Category and registration fee
- Age category A: 20 years old and above (with a duration maximum of 20 minutes)
- Age category B: 16 - 19 years old (with a duration maximum of 15 minutes)
- Age category C: 12 - 15 years old (with a duration of about 12 minutes)
- Age category D: 8 - 11 years old (with a duration of about 10 minutes)
- Age category E: up to 7 years old (with a duration of about 7 minutes)
- The registration fee is 55 €
Candidates will need the following documents to register
1- Application form >>> Apply!
2- Passport or ID copy (with photo)
3- Biography (in English)
4- Artistic photo (with the name of the photographer)
5- Video link
6- Proof of payment of the participation fee via bank, wise, or PayPal transfer. (If you are unable to pay with PayPal in your country, please contact us for an alternative transfer fee.)
Please send All documents for submission before January 18, 2024, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
*The participation fee is 55 €.
here following bank account: (all transfer and bank charges are to be covered by the applicant)
Bank: Bank Austria UniCredit
Name: Culture Meeting Point
IBAN: AT96 1200 0006 0177 8103
Bank Code (BIC/SWIFT): BKAUATWW
Address: UniCredit Bank Austria AG Rothschildplatz 1, A-1020 Vienna/AUSTRIA
via PayPal: (Please don’t forget! PAYPAL transfer charges are to be covered by the applicant)
PayPal account: email@example.com
Oleg Marshev (Concert Pianist and Professor at Anton Bruckner University in Linz) - Igor Cognolato (Concert Pianist and Professor at Conservatory Benedetto Marcello in Venice) - Christian Schulz (Conductor and player at Wiener Symphoniker & Professor at Richard Wagner Conservatory of Vienna) - Sonia Turchi (Liceo Musicale Galilei Civitavecchia Rome)
The Concert and Award Ceremony is on March 3, 2024, at the Mozarthaus Vienna - Bösendorfer Hall (Domgasse 5, A-1010 Vienna Austria).